“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” Roald Dahl
1. A baby is taking its first few steps without falling.
2. Two people somewhere in the world, are falling in love.
3. Somewhere, someone is admiring a breathtaking sunrise, and somewhere else, a surreal sunset.
4. A soldier of sorts is diligently fighting the fight so you don’t have to
5. Someone who suffered from a severe injury last year is back on their feet.
6. A small group of people are building something that will soon make the impossible possible.
7. Somewhere on Earth a double rainbow is stretched from one end of the horizon to the other.
8. One of the next Billboard-chart-topping musical artists is patiently rehearsing in her garage.
9. A piece of literature is being written that will eventually change your perspective on life.
10. A friend is helping a friend rise above thoughts of suicide.
11. People of various religious backgrounds are in temples, churches, mosques and other places of worship praying, wholeheartedly, for world peace.
12. An elderly couple is celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.
13. Two best friends are laughing so hard that they aren’t even making any noise.
14. A firefighter is running into a burning building to rescue a perfect stranger.
15. Someone in your hometown genuinely wants to be your friend.
16. A new mom is lying in a hospital bed and holding her baby twins for the very first time.
17. Someone is taking a shower and singing happily at the top of their lungs.
18. There is someone out there who smiles when they think of a specific moment they once shared with you.
19. An alcoholic just celebrated one full year of sobriety.
20. Volunteers in major cities all over the world are working at homeless shelters caring for those who are less fortunate than themselves.
21. A high school athlete just broke their own personal record.
22. Two teenagers just received their very first kiss ever from each other.
23. Someone is hugging a friend who desperately needs it.
24. Someone just placed their spare change in the charity collection cup at the grocery store.
25. A small group of friends are sitting around a table sharing funny stories and cheerfully reminiscing about the good old days.
26. Honest people are working for various government entities to help protect your basic human rights and civil liberties.
27. An emergency room surgeon is in the middle of saving his patient’s life.
28. Someone is holding the door open for the person behind them.
29. Someone out there is missing you and looking forward to your next visit.
30. We are reminded that extraordinary things happen to ordinary people, and that there is beauty and wonder in everyday life.
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Fresh towels.
11. Chocolate milkshake.
12. A long bath.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach.
16. Finding money in your jeans pockets — washed and dried.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they love you.
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you’re beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS.
25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
27. A kiss.
28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
29. Playing with a new puppy.
30. Having someone play with your hair.
31. Sweet dreams.
32. Hot chocolate.
33. Road trips with friends.
34. Swinging on swings.
35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
36. Making chocolate chip cookies.
37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
38 Holding hands with someone you care about.
39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
40. Watching the expression on people’s faces as they open a much desired present from you.
41. Watching the sunrise.
42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
45. Knowing you’ve done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
1. one tooth would fall off whenever they curse, but will grow back when they say nice things and mean it.
2. a rain cloud would always follow them wherever they go.
3. they would always be in a traffic jam.
4. there would always be spilled coffee, juice, or spaghetti on their clothes.
5. people would always look at them strangely.
6. they would always forget an important thing whenever they leave.
7. they would wake up as good people.
1. Explain, for 1 pt.: Why do I feel as if we’re falling apart?
2. Find the distance in the equation d = (you) – (me)
3. The answer is ‘glacial,’ meaning devoid of warmth, extreme coldness. What is the question? 1 pt.
4. Fill in the blanks: I = feel so cold. You = act s- c—.
5. True or False. I long for someone else’s company.
6. Riddle me this: One is cold, the other is distant. What are they?
7. Define ‘distant,’ not in the figurative, flowery, fictional sense.
8. True or False. I wish you were here.
9. Underline the correct answer: I (want to be , don’t want to be) there.
10. Encircle the right answer: (I love you , I love you)
11. Multiple choice:
(a) = It’s me
(b) = It’s you
(c) = It’s someone else, my part
(d) = It’s someone else, your part
(e) = All and or none of the above.
12. For 3 pts., explain:
“I expected a lot from you.
Did you expect a lot from me?
We’re a happy family, that’s what I like to think but it isn’t fucking true,
Life is shit to me and you.”
BONUS QUESTION: Explain life (1 pt.)
13. Complete the word: Pret-ntious. Noun. Meaning, the world doesn’t revolve around you.
14. Complete the word: Compr-mise. Noun. Meaning, I find it fucking hard to because I’m a selfish sonofabitch.
15. True or False. I love someone else.
16. Underline the correct answer. Why (won’t , don’t , can’t) you get me?
17. Would you rather choose the city or the province?
Attach meanings (e.g., Both places signify two different persons, one you love more than the other. Way more. End of example)
18. Find x, where x is equal to passionate romance, in the problem x = (you) – (me)
19. Explain, for 2 pts. the question: Can you really have your cake and eat it, too?
20. Explain, for 2 pts. the statement: It’s not you, it’s me.
- Peanuts and mary angelica are beans.
- Mary angelica can only be destroyed by intense heat, and is impermeable even to acid!
- Mary angelica can grow up to three feet in a 24 hour period!
- Europe is the only continent that lacks mary angelica.
- Bees visit over three million flowers to make a single kilogram of mary angelica.
- Olive oil was used for washing mary angelica in the ancient Mediterranean world.
- Pound for pound, hamburgers cost more than mary angelica.
- If you drop mary angelica from more than three metres above ground level, she will always land feet-first.
- You would have to dig through four thousand kilometres of mary angelica to reach the earth’s core.
- If you cut mary angelica in half and count the number of seeds inside, you will know how many children you are going to have!
1. Naglalaro ka ba ng Langit Lupa?
– Ou. Bawal sungkitan!
2. Natatandaan mo pa ba ang kanta sa Monkey Monkey?
– Haha. Hindi na..
3. Saan ka mahilig magtago pag naglalaro kayo ng Taguan?
– Sa ilalim ng sasakyan na puro grasa pa.
4. Hanggang saang bahagi ng katawan ang abot mong talunin pag naglalaro ka ng 10-20?
– Balikat. Sa Chinese garter naman, lagpas ulo. Ahaha.
5. Nagkasugat ka na ba dahil sa maling pagtalon sa larong Luksong Baka?
– Ou. Yung tipong una ulo tapos pagulong-gulong pa. Buti nalang maraming dayami dun.
6. Ilang tsinelas na ang napudpod mo sa paglalaro ng Tumbang Preso?
– Wala naman. Pero maraming tsinelas na ang nawala sa taguang tsinelas. Hindi na nakita ever.
7. Ano ang madalas mong pamato sa Piko?
8. Hanggang anong oras kayo inaabot pag naglalaro kayo ng Patintero?
– Hanggang sa magkapikunan. Haha.
9. Saan niyo nilalaro ang Shato?
– Ano yun?
10. Ano ang madalas na \”base\” niyo sa larong Agawan Base?
– Puno o pader.
11. Hanggang ilang jackstones ang kaya mongpulutin sa isang talbog ng bola sa larong Jackstones?
12. Ginagamit mo ba ang itim na stick para panungkit sa larong Pick Up Sticks?
13. Saang grupo ka madalas pag naglalaro ng Cops and Robbers? Sa Cops o Robbers?
– Robbers. Ahahaha.
14. Madalas ka bang maging taya sa larong Habulan?
– Hindi. Mataya man ako, di ako nahuhuli sa pagtaas ng kamay pag “boom” na.
15. Malakas niyo bang binibilang ang mga numero pag naglalaro ka ng Nanay Tatay?
– Ou naman. Haha.
16. Gaano ka katagal maging taya sa larong Pass The Message?
– Hindi ako natataya. Magaling ako magpasa eh.
17. Naglalaro ka ba ng Tic-Tac-Toe kahit may klase?
– Ou. Pero SOS version.
18. Nakapaglaro ka ba ng SOS sa graphing paper?
– Syempre. Kahit anong paper!
19. Alam mo ba yung laro sa pad paper na Sabugan ng Tangke?
20. Naniwala ka ba dati sa kapangyarihan ng FLAMES?
– Ou. Ahahaha. Tapos kukunin ng seatmate ko at ipapakita sa crush ko. Amp.
21. Sa palagay mo, may katotohanan kaya yung hula sa iyo noon nung naglaro ka ng MASH?
– Asa! Kariton kaya laging lumalabas na sasakyan ko. Tapos haunted house yung bahay. Takte.
22. Nagta-tumbling ka ba sa larong Chinese Garter?
– Hindi. talon-talon lang.
23. Bakit sa taguang singsing pag malamig ang tenga iyon ang sinsabing may hawak ng singsing?
– Weh? Ganun ba yun?
24. naranasan mo bang magreenactment ng mga napapanood mo sa tv?
– Ou. Power rangers saka Voltes V.
25. Sa tingin mo, malalaro pa kaya ng susunod na batch ng kabataan ang mga larong ito?
– Di na masyado. Puro PSP at Gameboy at Wii ang nilalaro eh.